TDS User FAQ
The industry module allows you to select specific SICs to include (or exclude), enter domains to include (or exclude), or select industries by name.,
- Select SICs (include or exclude)
- Enter target domains (include or exclude)
- Select industries by name
Yes, in the Industry module select the blue ‘SELECT SIC CODE FROM LIST” button and then you can select 2, 3, or 4 digit sics. To expand (or contract) the 2 and 3 digit SIC groups click on the SIC name. Selected SICs will show in the ‘Select SIC Code’ box and can be removed from the count by either clicking the x next to them there or deselecting them in the SIC selection popup.
You can also start typing a keyword or SIC into the “Select SIC Code” box and all matching SICs will show as selection options.
You can also toggle the green “Include” button to “Exclude” to exclude the selected SICs.
Your credits are displayed at the top of the left side navigation bar.
There is no need to cancel your account because there is no cost to have an account. Still, want to cancel your account? No problem, send us a message at (TopDataSearch at mtd-email.com) from the email used in your account asking for it to be canceled and we will.
We have a very large data set, but if you search for a specific contact it’s unlikely we will have that exact person in our database.
1 credit = 1 record.
So if you have 100 credits you can download 100 records with complete contact information.
Your credits do not expire.
There isn’t a company name search, yet, you can search by company domain.
We will be adding the ability to upload a list of domains for targeting (or suppression), in the near future.
You can select industries by SIC or by named industry in the Industry module.
By SIC: you can start typing in either a SIC code or keyword and all matching options will show in the drop-down for selection. Or select the blue ‘SELECT SIC CODE FROM LIST” button and then you can select 2, 3, or 4 digits sics.
By Named Industry: Expand the named industry section by clicking on the “>”, then select the checkbox next to the industries you want. The green check includes that industry and the red X excludes it.
If you enter both SICs and named industries only companies that are in both a selected SIC and a Selected Industry will be included.
Once you’ve run a search select the green “Place Order” button. Then in the window that opens enter the list name and you have 3 options for what records to download.
- The first is to download all records in the search.
- Or if you picked specific records from the preview area the “Selected Records” option will be available and you can choose to download only those records.
- Or you can select “Limited Records” and enter the number of records you want to download.
The email suppression area “Bulk Email Suppression”, is where you can select and apply suppression lists (exclusions lists). You can select lists you have previously downloaded through TDS or in house email lists you have uploaded.
This suppression is by email address only and allows you to:
- Exclude/suppress contacts you previously downloaded through TDS.
- By leaving the “Exclude Previous Purchases” option checked, all lists you previously downloaded will be excluded from the search.
- By checking the “Exclude All Suppression Lists” option all previously downloaded lists, as well as any suppression lists you have uploaded, will be excluded from the search.
- If you click in the field for “Select Bulk Email Suppression” you can pick from all suppression lists, including individual suppression lists that you have uploaded and previously downloaded lists. You can start typing in list names and/or scroll down through all of your suppression lists.
- Upload a new suppression list by clicking the green “Add a New List” button.
You can also manage your email suppression lists in the “Suppression Email” area found on the left side menu. In this area, you can add new email suppression lists, view all existing email suppression lists, view and edit the records in an email suppression list, remove email suppression lists, and download email suppression lists.
Yes, you can upload a spreadsheet of emails to use for suppression (exclude from counts/lists) in TopData Search. Apply any suppression list by selecting it by name in the “Bulk Email Suppression” section in TopData Search or by selecting the “Exclude all suppression lists” option. Lists you have previously ordered are automatically excluded from counts and orders. See the video on email suppression here.
* File Size limitation (Maximum 50MB)
* File type (CSV Only)
* Must have “email” in the column name
We don’t yet have an automated system for resetting passwords. Send an email to “TopDataSearch at mtd-email.com”, from the address used in your account with a request to reset your password, or to use a specific password, and we will respond.
It can take up to 24 hours for us to send you account information. Check your junk mail folder, the account information email will come from “tds(at)mtd-email.com”. If you still aren’t seeing an email with your account information send a message from the email you signed up with to “TopDataSearch at mtd-email.com” and we will respond with the account information.